Nov. 14, 2016
The Southern Review of Legislative & Regulatory Actions, published by the U.S. Army's Regional Environmental and Energy Office--Southern (REEO-S), is designed to provide current information to environmental decision makers, planners, and program managers regarding environmental actions and events throughout Federal EPA Region 4 (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee). Information listed may be relevant to the U.S. Army and other Military Services' activities and operations. See attached
In this issue of the Southern Review:
- Florida DEP invites public comment on the USACE federal consistency determination for its Update of the Water Control Manual for ACF River Basin in Alabama, Florida, and Georgia.
- Kentucky DEP adds hazardous waste codes for treated wastes of nerve and blistering agents.
- DOD and USEPA propose discharge performance standards for 11 discharges incidental to the normal operation of a vessel of the Armed Forces.
- EPA proposes to revise provisions applicable to greenhouse gases in its Prevention of Significant Deterioration and Title V permitting regulations.
- EPA updates Cross-State Air Pollution Rule to address interstate transport of ozone with respect to the 2008 ozone NAAQS.
- FWS determined threatened status for the Kentucky arrow darter and designated approximately 248 stream miles of critical habitat for the species.
- New research published in the American Heart Association Journal finds PM2.5 may be associated with blood vessel damage and inflammation among young, healthy adults.
- Department of Defense Instruction 4715.23 establishes policy, assigns responsibility, and prescribes procedures to implement integrated solid waste management.