Sep. 3, 2013
The Federal Green Challenge (FGC) is a national effort under US EPA's Sustainable Materials Management Program, challenging EPA and other federal agencies throughout the country to lead by example in reducing the Federal Government's environmental impact.
The FGC supports agencies in their efforts to meet sustainability goals required by Executive Order 13514 and other regulatory requirements by enabling facilities to:
Who can join?
• select specific actions that incrementally move them toward achieving their goals
• set up measurement criteria to measure how far they have gone,
• get data driven reportable results,
• receive technical support from webinars, case studies of others who have achieved results, and
• be nationally and regionally recognized for their achievements.
ü Any federal entity or location
ü An office or a floor of a building
ü Multiple offices or floors in a building
ü A building or facility
ü A campus/base with multiple buildings/facilities
ü A Region
ü An Agency
Federal offices or facilities start their participation by selecting a minimum two of the six target areas --waste, electronics, purchasing, energy, water, or transportation. At least one of the selected target areas must be waste, electronics, or purchasing. Members commit to an improvement goal of at least 5% per year in their selected target areas.
Join Now for Fiscal Year 2014!!! For more information, please visit the Federal Green Challenge website.