2016 Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings and Associated Instructions
Dated February 2016, this document updates and replaces the December 2008 Guiding Principles to:
1) Reflect the evolution of sustainable building design, construction, and operating practices since 2008,
2) Incorporate other building-related E.O. 13693 requirements,
3) Increase the economic and environmental benefits of Federal investments in facilities,
4) Enhance occupant health, wellness, and productivity,
5) Include climate resilience in building design, construction, and operations, and protect Federal facilities investments from the potential impacts of climate change, and
6) Provide information on tracking agency green building performance.
If this document is in Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF), you will need to have the Adobe Acrobat Reader program installed on your computer to view it. The Reader can be downloaded from Adobe's Web site for no charge.