Requirements for individuals applying pesticides, fungicides, rodenticides, and herbicides whether an employee or a contractor.
Summary of Federal Requirements
Personnel (contract or Federal) applying restricted-use pesticides must be certified to do so.
Certified applicators of restricted-use pesticides are required to keep application records of the following information: (7 CFR 110.3)
- the brand or product name, and the USEPA registration number of the restricted-use pesticide that was applied
- the total amount of the restricted-use pesticide that was applied
- the location of the application, the size of the area treated, and the crop, commodity, stored product, or site to which a restricted-use pesticide was applied
- the month, day, and year of the application
- the name and certification number of the certified applicator who applied or supervised the application.
Summary of State Requirements
States may classify additional pesticides as restricted-use.
States may have categories for applicator certification that are in addition to those identified Federally.
States often regulate operational practices for selected application methods.
Laws and Statutes
The Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act