Oct. 18, 2016
The Southern Review of Legislative & Regulatory Actions, published by the U.S. Army's Regional Environmental and Energy Office--Southern (REEO-S), is designed to provide current information to environmental decision makers, planners, and program managers regarding environmental actions and events throughout Federal EPA Region 4 (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee). Information listed may be relevant to the U.S. Army and other Military Services' activities and operations. See attached
In this issue of the Southern Review:
- FWS and NMFS jointly issued significant changes to the process for submitting petitions to list, delist, or reclassify endangered species and to request revisions to critical habitat designations.
- EPA is reviewing the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for nitrogen dioxide (NO2)
- DOE released a report on the accelerated deployment of wind turbines, solar technologies, electric vehicles, and LEDs.
- The U.S. Army surpassed $1 billion in energy savings performance contracts and utility energy services contracts in less than five years.
- Florida adopted emergency rules to require public notice within 24 hours whenever there is an incident or discovery of pollution.