This is a course offered to DoD students to learn proper environmental sampling technique. This include:
* basic sampling techniques (grab/composite/multi-increment sampling, avoidance of cross contamination, use of preservatives, etc.)
* specific sampling techniques for the following media: soil, potable water, waste water (including storm water), groundwater and hazardous waste
* completion of environmental sampling paperwork (e.g. sample container labeling, field log books, chain of custody documentation)
* health and safety considerations
* field testing techniques (i.e. use of pH meter, conductivity / total dissolved solids meter, temperature indicator and dissolved oxygen meter)
* Use of a flow-through cell for micro purging of monitoring wells.
If you click on the link above and the target URL does not connect to a U.S. Federal website (i.e. does not send you to a .gov or .mil address), the following disclaimer applies:
Links to any non-Federal organizations are provided solely as a service to our users. These links do not constitute an endorsement of these organizations or their programs by FedCenter.gov or the Federal Government, and none should be inferred. Any reference to a commercial product, process, service, or company is not an endorsement or recommendation by the U.S. government, FedCenter, or any of its partners. FedCenter.gov is not responsible for the content of the individual organization Web pages found at these links.